SALISBURY, Md. - Just after 8 PM on Friday, troopers from the Salisbury Barrack say they were dispatched to an accident involving an overturned car on Route 50 at Seminole Boulevard.
According to investigators, Larry Pender was traveling west bound on Route 50 when he was suddenly unable to maintain control of his car. As a result, police say Pender's car traveled into the median and hit a tree.
The car rolled over several times as it crossed over the east bound lanes of Route 50. Pender was ejected from his car as a result of the accident and suffered fatal injuries.
Based on the investigation, it is currently unknown if alcohol was a factor in the collision, but police say they believe speed was a factor.
Route 50 was closed for several hours while troopers investigated.
- Supreme Court to hear arguments against travel ban
- Governor announces new land conservation strategy in Va.
- Lawmakers want to make state song gender neutral
- Delaware Senate approves bill aimed at tackling mental health and gun violence
- Ocean City bills impacting distilling and special events zones signed into law
- Governor Larry Hogan signs multiple gun control bills