SNOW HIILL, Md. - Speeding on roads in Snow Hill has caused locals and police to take action. We're told side roads are seeing numerous people fly down.
In response, the Snow Hill Police Department is conducting roving and stationary patrols to raise awareness.
Beyond that, the town has purchased a new radar unit that will be placed in different areas.
Because local matters, 47 ABC spoke to several residents about the excessive speeding and one business owner says she's been worried for years.
Ellen Tolliver says, "People have been in the middle of the road and run for their life to get onto the other side of the corner of Market and Washington Street. It's going to be a bad day when someone gets run over."
Tolliver adds that the speeding has gotten worse over the years because of the increase in traffic.
- Town resident raising concerns over storm water management
- Candidate for Governor goes toe to toe with Hogan
- DNREC announces first finding of West Nile virus in birds
- Delaware National Guard opens $12 million state-of-the-art facility for military vehicles
- Youth helping youth at summer service weekend
- Demand for more volunteer firefighters in Delaware