SALISBURY, Md. - Lurking Class Skate Shop owned by Bryan Whipple is the latest edition to the Salisbury Plaza, selling skateboards, shirts, helmets and more.
Whipple says he'd previously sold skating gear to locals out of a trailer he would station at local parks. He says he's been a member of the Salisbury skating community since the late 90s, forging many relationships with others in the skating community along the way.
As of now the new business owner and local entrepreneur runs his business on weekends, and hopes to have it open full time come spring.
"We went up and down every street in the town pretty much. And I didn't even see this one until I was walking by to take a look at another spot and I peaked in it was available ... and two or three weeks later I was in here."
The skate shop's grand opening will take place the next Third Friday, on November 17.
- Police: Dover man arrested after search finds 24 grams of marijuana in his vehicle in Milford
- Maryland Governor Hogan announces construction on final phase of widening Worcester Hwy
- Deputies: Ridgely man suffers burns after igniting trash in burn pile using gasoline
- Seaford man arrested for allegedly assaulting woman in front of children in Milford
- Students report being spat on by faculty member at Salisbury U student sponsored event
- Police: Man injured after being hit by train in Salisbury; investigation ongoing