SALISBURY, Md. - SHORE UP! is holding a recruitment day, on Friday, July 14 from 9 AM - 2 PM, for its Head Start Program.
Head Start staff will be accepting applications at locations in the seven counties where the program operates: Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico and Worcester.
Head Start serves children ages three to five and their parents or guardians, by promoting the child’s healthy development, preparing the child for kindergarten and helping the family to function successfully.
Head Start is a federal program offering services at no cost to qualifying families.
SHORE UP! operates 14 Head Start centers throughout the Eastern Shore.
Children are fed nutritious meals and snacks through the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
Transportation services may also be available.
Families with children who have a disability are encouraged to apply.
You can call 410-749-1142, ext. 333 for the recruitment site nearest you.
- Democrats unveil bill to ban assault-type rifles in Del.
- Del. woman, non-profit organization employee indicted on multiple fraud charges
- Unconscious driver arrested on DUI charges in Wicomico Co.
- Md. catholic school principal arrested on multiple DUI charges
- Smoke detectors being recalled as they may not detect smoke
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.