OCEAN CITY, Md. - Two people were arrested and a handgun was seized in Ocean City on Tuesday as part of an undercover drug enforcement operation, the Ocean City Police Department said.
At around 9:25 PM, detectives in the area of 27th Street and Coastal Highway approached what they described as a suspicious vehicle occupied by two people. Police say a search of the vehicle revealed a .45 caliber handgun, more than 200 rounds of ammunition and a small amount of marijuana. Detectives arrested both occupants.
Joseph B. Phelan, 19, of Selbyville, is charged with multiple firearm possession charges and possession of marijuana. Whitney A. Krick, 28, of Millsboro, is charged with possession of marijuana.
Both Phelan and Krick were being held at the Ocean City Public Safety Building as of Wednesday evening.
The Worcester County Criminal Enforcement Team assisted with the case, Ocean City Police said.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers called in to do an emergency dredging of Ocean City inlet
- Dover man convicted for role in 2017 robbery, assault
- Teen charged in connection to assault incident in Caroline Co.
- Man arrested in connection to armed robbery in Caroline Co.
- Police: Multiple vehicles, a home hit in Smyrna shooting; investigation ongoing
- Foodie Friday: Tacos Chabelita