SALISBURY, Md. - Mayor Jake Day will be among 200 mayors across the country supporting an anti-hate initiative.
The initiative rejects extremism and white supremacy while, denouncing acts of hate.
Mayor Day tells 47 ABC that this initiative hopes to reduce bigotry, hatred and even reduce violence like the one we just witnessed in Charlottesville.
He says this was a no brainer to be apart of this and wants to insure that Salisbury is a place that represents love.
The U.S. Conference of Mayors reached out to all the members with cities of more than 30,000 people.
Mayor Day is one of those members adding Salisbury to this newest initiative.
- UPDATE: Leader of Del. criminal network sentenced
- Wicomico Co. house fire results in $100K in damages; investigation ongoing
- Texas bombing victim accepted at Oberlin before death
- UPDATE: Del. court rejects appeal of woman in daycare death
- Former teacher, coach pleads guilty to child porn charges in Md.
- Woman convicted for role in 2017 chase in Wicomico County