SALISBURY, Md. - A woman is facing more charges after police say she assaulted a woman at a park, in Salisbury, leading to her second arrest in two days.
The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office says on Sunday, a deputy responded to Billy Gene Jackson Park, where a woman was accused of hitting another woman in the face.
According to the report, a woman was attending an event at the park when she approached 23-year-old Jarenea Mitchell of Salisbury. Investigators say that the woman reported that she approached Mitchell, after she saw that Mitchell was involved in an altercation with other people. Authorities say that while trying to prevent further escalation, the woman asked Mitchell to leave the park. Mitchell then reportedly hit the woman in the face.
On Monday, just before 3:30 PM, Mitchell was arrested and charged with assault second degree, disturbing the peace, and affray. She is currently being held at the Wicomico County Detention Center on a $15,000 bond.
Mitchell is also facing charges in an unrelated assault that happened on August 7th.
- Dover sewage failure investigation continues
- Inmate claims "torture" after JTVCC uprising; DOC and COAD deny claims
- Day One of Hammond Taylor trial
- Officials: Students and staff safe after threat reported to Pocomoke High's main office
- Fire officials: No injuries reported in Millsboro explosion
- After Florida shooting, Millsboro PD says they're prepped for an active shooting situation