SALISBURY, Md. - The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office says a woman was arrested early Wednesday morning and charged with theft for allegedly stealing 14 iPhones from Perdue's corporate office.
Shortly after midnight Wednesday morning, police say a deputy responded to the Perdue Farms offices in the 31000 block of Old Ocean City Road. Office staff reportedly told the deputy that a member of the overnight cleaning crew was caught taking two new, never-activated iPhone 7s from an office storage closet. Perdue staff say they were monitoring the cleaning staff as 12 iPhones had recently gone missing.
Cleaning staff member Shannon King, 23, of Salisbury, reportedly confessed to taking the iPhones in order to sell them for rent money.
King was arrested and charged with theft between $1,000 and $10,000. She was released on $5,000 unsecured bond, officials said.
- PRMC now offers minimally invasive brain surgery
- Salisbury traffic stop leads to drug charges for Pa. man
- Foodie Friday: Watermen's Inn
- UPDATE: International sex offender sentenced for rape of Del. child
- UPDATE: Wanted inmate in custody after escape from Del. correctional center
- Police search for suspects involved in Milford strong armed robbery