SALISBURY, Md. - The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office says a woman was arrested early Wednesday morning and charged with theft for allegedly stealing 14 iPhones from Perdue's corporate office.
Shortly after midnight Wednesday morning, police say a deputy responded to the Perdue Farms offices in the 31000 block of Old Ocean City Road. Office staff reportedly told the deputy that a member of the overnight cleaning crew was caught taking two new, never-activated iPhone 7s from an office storage closet. Perdue staff say they were monitoring the cleaning staff as 12 iPhones had recently gone missing.
Cleaning staff member Shannon King, 23, of Salisbury, reportedly confessed to taking the iPhones in order to sell them for rent money.
King was arrested and charged with theft between $1,000 and $10,000. She was released on $5,000 unsecured bond, officials said.
- Woman gives birth in Chick-fil-A bathroom, baby gets perks
- Groom rushes to help at nearby crash scene in Md.
- Tickets on sale for newspaper shooting benefit concert in Md.
- Police investigating fatal accident in Sussex Co.
- Festival means much more than just Blueberries
- New prescription drop off site now available in hopes of reducing available opioids