SALISBURY, Md. - The Salisbury Police Department is ramping up recruitment for dispatchers.
The concern from the community has been the amount of officers and patrolmen, but Chief Barbara Duncan says while they're close to being fully staffed, they're still looking to fill a few positions. She says the department will be starting the recruiting process in the near future for those openings
But for now, the need for the communications section of the police department is high, and are actively looking for anyone to help out.
"We will be doing a recruitment for police officers very shortly but right now our focus is dispatchers and dispatch supervisors," Duncan said. "We do have a recruitment underway for police communications and dispatchers and supervisors as well."
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond