SALISBURY, Md. - A Salisbury man pleaded guilty to murder in Wicomico County on Friday afternoon.
22-year-old Shaquille Gaskins pleaded guilty to first degree murder He was originally charged with first and second degree murder, first and second degree assault, possession of a firearm, use of a firearm in a violent crime and home invasion.
The charges stemmed from an incident on April 3 of 2016 where 24-year-old Irvonte Jones was shot at the home of his girlfriend. According to the report, just before 10:00 PM that night, Troopers from the Salisbury MSP Barrack responded to a home on Pierce Avenue for reports of a shooting.
Once on scene, Police say they found Jones lying in a bedroom, unresponsive, with multiple gunshot wounds. He was rushed by EMS to the hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.
Shaquille Gaskins is reportedly the brother of 21-year-old, Keonte Gaskins, who was also killed last year, in a shooting at the Waterside Apartments on Parsons Road, in Salisbury.
Gaskins's sentencing has been set for June 23.
- Understanding "School Choice," the options, the conflict
- Maryland governor to sign bills to fight opioid addiction
- Crisfield holds hearing on areas of concern
- Foreclosure victims offered a Fresh Start
- OC officials urge beach goers not to go into the water until Saturday
- Md. officials launch campaign to prevent future boating accidents