WICOMICO COUNTY, Md. - A Salisbury man is in custody, after deputies say he threatened his employer via email in which he is seen in a video with a gun.
The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office says on Sunday, a deputy met with a local business owner who stated that he received emails from an employee, who expressed his dissatisfaction with working for the company and the current owner. The employee was identified as 35-year-old William Diaz-Hernandez, of Salisbury.
According to the report, in one of the emails, a video was attached that showed Diaz-Hernandez displaying a loaded firearm while making statements that implied that he might come to the workplace and use it against the owner of the company.
During the investigation, deputies say Diaz-Hernandez was located at a Salisbury residence. Law enforcement reports that they recovered the handgun used in the video and determined that the video was filmed at the location.
The 35-year-old was arrested and charged with threat of mass violence.
Diaz-Hernandez is currently being held without bond.
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.
- Deputies: Over 400 grams of marijuana found during search in Wicomico Co.; one arrested
- UPDATE: Laurel man guilty in 2017 shooting in Sussex Co.