SALISBURY, Md. - A Salisbury man has been arrested in connection to the murder of Walter Whitehead, the man whose body was found last Friday in an Eden backyard.
Maryland State Police homicide investigators say they arrested Marquel Brumskin, 26, at around 8 PM Monday at a residence in Salisbury.
Brumskin, also known as "Flat," is charged with first and second degree murder, first and second degree assault, the use of a handgun in the commission of a felony and reckless endangerment.
Walter Whitehead, 22, of Salisbury was found to have died from gunshot wounds. His body was discovered in the backyard of a home in the 32000 block of Flower Hill Church Road in Eden on Friday morning.
Investigators say they believe Brumskin used to live several houses down from the home where Whitehead was found, though the house was reportedly vacant when the murder took place. Police say evidence indicates that Brumskin and Whitehead had an altercation before Whitehead's death.
Maryland State Police are asking anyone with additional information on the case to call Trooper First Class Sears at the Salisbury Barrack at 410-749-3101.
- Democrats unveil bill to ban assault-type rifles in Del.
- Del. woman, non-profit organization employee indicted on multiple fraud charges
- Unconscious driver arrested on DUI charges in Wicomico Co.
- Md. catholic school principal arrested on multiple DUI charges
- Smoke detectors being recalled as they may not detect smoke
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.