DELMAR, Md. - A Salisbury man was charged with assault, after he reportedly struck his girlfriend in the face and grabbed her throat during an argument, in Wicomico County.
The Wicomico County Sheriff's office says on Monday, a deputy investigated a domestic assault the happened on Virginia Avenue, in Delmar. According to the report, a woman told the deputy that she was involved in an argument with her boyfriend, 37-year-old Jeremiah Matthews, of Salisbury, which later turned physical. Deputies learned from the victim that Matthews reportedly punched her in the face and grabbed her around the throat.
After noticing signs of injury that supported the victim's statement, authorities say Matthews was arrested and charged with assault second degree.
He was later released on personal recognizance.
- Questions asked following end of neighborhood watch
- Resort town changes view of ocean for visitors
- JTVCC Inmate sues DOC over allege "torture" after uprising
- Salisbury officials celebrate groundbreaking of Riverwalk amphitheatre
- Man guilty on multiple charges after previous conviction in Del.
- Maryland Senators pay a visit to Salisbury University to discuss local issues