SNOW HILL, Md. - Deputies say that a Salisbury man was arrested in Snow Hill for fleeing and eluding on Wednesday.
According to the Worcester County Sheriff's Office, at 12:04 p.m., a deputy responded to the area of Public Landing Road near McCabes Corner Road for reported dirt bikes riding up and down Public Landing Road.
The deputy reportedly found two people on unregistered dirt bikes in that area riding on the roadway. Officials say that the deputy tried to stop the vehicles but they fled. One of the suspects reportedly drove west towards US 113 and refused to stop.
The deputy followed the dirt bike as it turned south on US 113 on the north bound paved shoulder. Officials say that the dirt bike then left the roadway and fled into a cornfield. While checking that area, deputies reportedly found and impounded the blue 2005 Yamaha 80cc dirt bike the suspect was riding.
The suspect was later found by a deputy walking near the woods a short distance away on US 113 near Brick Kiln Road. The suspect was identified as 33-year-old Dantwyne Taylor of Salisbury.
Taylor was arrested and charged with fleeing and eluding and taken before a District Court Commissioner where he was held on $5,000 cash bond.
- PRMC now offers minimally invasive brain surgery
- Salisbury traffic stop leads to drug charges for Pa. man
- Foodie Friday: Watermen's Inn
- UPDATE: International sex offender sentenced for rape of Del. child
- UPDATE: Wanted inmate in custody after escape from Del. correctional center
- Police search for suspects involved in Milford strong armed robbery