SALISBURY, Md. - Police say that a man was arrested for stabbing a male victim in a parking lot last Wednesday, in Salisbury.
According to Salisbury Police, officers responded to a stabbing at Tiger Mart on Spring Hill Road at 8:00 p.m., on Wednesday night. They reportedly learned that a 38-year-old male victim and 43-year-old Jason Jim Larney of Salisbury, were fighting in the parking lot.
Police say that Larney had a knife, and that he slashed the victim in the arm, neck and face area. The suspect then reportedly ran away in an unknown direction before officers got there.
The victim was treated for serious, but non life threatening injuries. When the victim and witnesses were interviewed, the suspect was identified. An arrest warrant was then obtained charging Larney with attempted first degree murder, first and degree assault, reckless endangerment and wearing and carrying a concealed deadly weapon.
On January 5, with help of the Capital Area Regional Task Force, Larney was taken into custody without incident in Delmar.
Larney was taken to the Wicomico County Detention Center where he was held without bond.
- Public meeting on offshore drilling is set for Wednesday in Va.
- DNREC: Seaford water supply ruled safe after testing
- MSP: One dead after single-vehicle crash in Somerset Co.; investigation ongoing
- UPDATE: Hours for Blades water distribution changes
- Officials investigate sewer system failure in Dover
- Sentencing set in military vehicle contract fraud case in Va.