PRINCESS ANNE, Md. - In Somerset County, a three day retreat in Princess Anne is helping young men build character.
It's called "Young Gentlemen of Distinction" at the Garland Hayward Youth Center.
There are 17 kids enrolled in the retreat ranging in grade levels from 3rd-9th grade.
The retreat was created to offer more mentorship for these young men right before school started.
Organizers say this would be a great opportunity to make an impact on them.
The retreat will have motivational speakers focusing on goal setting and peer pressure.
And they even have some fun activities, such as team building, along with individual thinking.
Despite being the first year in the making, they are carrying this mentorship throughout the year with their after school program.
- Pot hole season hits the Eastern Shore
- PRMC and ambulance company in hot water over Medicare fraud allegations
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.