OCEAN PINES, Md. - Hundreds woke up early Thanksgiving Day and headed over to Ocean Pines to participate in the first ever Thanks Kitten 2.5K Run/Walk.
The event was put on by Crossfit Assateague and Sweat Ocean City to not only provide families with a fun and healthy bonding experience, but to benefit a local non profit called Town Cats.
The organization is dedicated to spaying and neutering feral cats, as well as providing them with medical care when they need it.
Thursday's participants had the choice to pay $10.00 to take part in the race or donate cat supplies.
Organizers told 47ABC the race was a huge success and they look forward to continuing with it in years to come.
Michelle Macia, a Crossfit Gym Manager, said, "Well we're just really thankful that everyone came out today and we really look forward to doing more events like this. Crossfit Assateague is a nonprofit gym, so we do try to do events like this in the community as often as possible to help raise money for our local charities, so we look forward to the next one and many more."
Town Cats will be hosting another fundraising event in January called Dine Around Town for Town Cats. You can find a link with more information here.
- One charged after fatal crash in Kent Co.
- Community rallies behind Berlin business after devastating fire
- Broadband networks to expand to Accomack County
- Meeting held to explain golf cart laws to residents
- Keeping pets protected as the weather heats up
- UPDATE: Salisbury attempted murder suspect arrested in Pa.