SALISBURY, Md. - Local entrepreneurs were being honored for their hard work at the sixth annual MCE Palmer Gillis Entrepreneur of the Year Award ceremony held at Salisbury University.
Judges of the competition look for businesses with new or innovative vision, and what they do to give back to the community.
The night's finalists featured three businesses headed by women. The winner was Jamie Windon, owner of Lyon Distilling Company in St. Michaels, Maryland.
Together, her and co-founder Ben Lyon wanted to bring the production of spirits back to the eastern shore.
"I would say the people that trust us and enjoy our spirits. We have a little tasting room at St. Michaels, and we're able to show them the entire process from start to finish and taste them on the things we make. So we really try to make things that are different and delicious and people have responded very very well to that."
You can find Lyon Distilleries online on Instagram or Facebook with the handle LyonDistilling.
- Made On Delmarva: Amused Studios
- County considers changes to scholarship fund
- AAA predicts record volume of drivers for Thanksgiving
- Medical marijuana dispensary coming to Smyrna in 2018
- Mountaire's Thanksgiving for Thousands draws hundreds of volunteers
- Governor enacts new rules for Lee statue rallies in Va.