PRINCESS ANNE, Md. - New Years Eve is just 3 days away and while some are watching the ball drop, others are bringing in the new year with a bit of a twist.
For example, Cambridge is dropping a boat and Crisfield is letting go an oyster. And Princess Anne is no exception by dropping a muskrat.
We’re told the muskrat is based on a character developed by a local author, who wrote a book about Marshall the muskrat.
It has now become the town’s mascot, since they are quite common in Somerset County.
When the clock strikes at 12:00 AM, they will have a midnight muskrat dive that'll zip line down Somerset Avenue.
A live band is something that's new this year. They will also have Eastern Shore items, such as free oysters and Smith Island cakes.
Since it will be cold, they will have inside space available at the Washington inn and the fire house next door where the band will be playing.
The event will start at 9:00 PM.
- Questions asked following end of neighborhood watch
- Resort town changes view of ocean for visitors
- JTVCC Inmate sues DOC over allege "torture" after uprising
- Salisbury officials celebrate groundbreaking of Riverwalk amphitheatre
- Man guilty on multiple charges after previous conviction in Del.
- Maryland Senators pay a visit to Salisbury University to discuss local issues