WICOMICO COUNTY, Md. - The Wicomico County Fair will live to see another day and it's all thanks to a new partnership.
On Tuesday, it was announced that year 83 will be organized by Wicomico County and the men and women of the Wicomico County Farm and Home Show.
Officials tell 47 ABC that the move will bring about several changes. Organizers say they will now have more resources and staff, which will allow them to better plan the event going forward.
They also say that the Pork in the Park event will be discontinued, to ensure the fair's continued success.
"We've decided to move away from pork in the park our annual event in the spring and redirecting those resources to fully invest in the county fair to continue to make this bigger and better," says Steve Miller, director of Wicomico County Recreation, Parks & Tourism.
In 2015 the fair launched under the new banner and welcomed about 500 attendees, since then they have grown and now they welcome more than 15,000.
Organizers hope that the new partnership can allow them to grow even more in the future.
- Police seize over three thousand bags of heroin along with marijuana during traffic stop
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria