OCEAN CITY, Md. - As summer vacation ends and Worcester County students go back to school, the Ocean City Police Department is reminding drivers to be cautious while driving near school buses next Tuesday.
School buses should be expected on the roadways of Ocean City between 7:00 AM and 8:15 AM then again between 2:45 PM and 4:00 PM to pick up and drop off students. While on Coastal Highway, drivers traveling in the same direction as the school bus must stop when the bus activates flashing red lights.
Violators could face a large fine and several points on their driver's license. The Ocean City Police Department will be conducting enforcement details in reference to school bus safety throughout the school year.
Drivers are reminded to slow down and be alert in residential neighborhoods and school zones. Parents should also remind their children to stay on the sidewalk while waiting for the bus and wait for the bus driver's signal before crossing in front of the bus.
- UMES experiences overnight power outage
- Santa Paws helps local pet store raise money for charity
- Delmar Christmas Shoppers Fair helps raise money for local food pantry
- Reactions from Delmarva winter storm
- Boxes of sweets prepared to bring holiday cheer to troops
- Two Dover men arrested following lengthy drug investigation