DENTON, Md. - Police say that three people were injured after a crash in Denton on Tuesday morning.
According to Maryland State Police, at 8:24 AM., troopers responded to a crash at MD Route 404 and Harmony Road.
Investigators say that a 2008 Lincoln MKX operated by Adrian Graciano Castro of Lincoln, was driving eastbound on MD Route 404 when his car struck the driver's side of a 2010 Subaru Outback that was being driven by Deborah Simpkins of Denton.
Simpkins car was reportedly traveling northbound through the intersection of Harmony Road. Witnesses say that Simpkins had the green light to pass through the intersection. Simpkins' nine-year-old granddaughter was in the car. After the crash, both cars came to a rest in the median of MD Route 404.
Graciano-Castro was taken to Nanticoke Hospital in Seaford for his injuries. Simpkins was flown to Shock Trauma for her injuries and her granddaughter was flown to Johns Hopkins.
The investigation into the cause of the crash is ongoing. Police say that alcohol does not appear to be a factor.
- JTVCC Inmate sues DOC over allege "torture" after uprising
- Salisbury officials celebrate groundbreaking of Riverwalk amphitheatre
- Man guilty on multiple charges after previous conviction in Del.
- Maryland Senators pay a visit to Salisbury University to discuss local issues
- Police: Fake money circulating in Salisbury
- Blades getting closer to drinkable water