JESSUP, Md. - UPDATE: Howard County Police say U.S. Marshals have now taken the lead on the search for David Watson.
The reward for Watson's arrest has been increased to $10,000, officials said.
(AP) - Howard County Police, the U.S. Marshals Service and Maryland State Police are looking for a man who escaped from a psychiatric hospital.
There's a $5,000 reward for 28-year-old David M. Watson II.
He has ties on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and in Delaware. Watson is white, 5 feet 8 inches and weighs 140 pounds. He has tattoos between his eyes and under his right eye, as well as several on his body.
He was serving a sentence in Delaware for attempted murder for shooting a police officer's Laurel-area home. He's also charged with attempted murder on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, where authorities say he shot at two officers' homes.
Watson arrived Friday at Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center in Jessup for an evaluation, but escaped while being unloaded from a van.
- Transit police officer convicted in terrorism case regrets behavior
- U.S. Supreme Court rejects two gun rights appeals
- VDOT: Mt. Prospect Bridge opens after road work in Accomack Co.
- Traffic Alert: Isabella Street closed for Dept. of Water Works project in Salisbury
- Fire crews respond to structure fire in Stockton
- Officials rush to contain, fix sewage failure in Del.