ST. MICHAELS, Md. - Police say that a man was arrested on Monday after robbing a coffee shop in St. Michaels.
According to the St. Michaels Police Department, on Monday afternoon at 4:06 PM, officers responded to Blue Crab Coffee on South Fremont Street, for the report of an armed robbery.
When officers met with the victim and nearby individuals, a known individual, Milton Harmon, was reportedly identified as the suspect. Harmon allegedly robbed the cashier at knife point, taking money from the cash register before running away.
St. Michaels Police searched the area near and around the suspect's home with the help of Talbot County Sheriff's Office deputies and K-9 Archie. The suspect, armed with a knife, was found but he then ran away from officers.
Harmon was apprehended after the chase, at Griffin Apartments, at 4:51 PM. The suspect reportedly resisted and assaulted a deputy during the arrest. The deputy suffered arm and hand injuries. He was transported to Easton Memorial Hospital for treatment and was released.
Other officers received minor injuries but they were not transported. The suspect, 48-year-old Milton Harmon of St. Michaels, was charged with armed robbery, theft, assault, malicious destruction of property, resisting arrest and multiple other criminal charges.
Harmon was taken before the District Court Commissioner and was held without bond.
- Officials: School calendar changes approved after inclement weather in Talbot Co.
- Md. governor to propose $5B Amazon incentive package
- Amazon still considering District, Va. & Md. suburbs for new HQ
- Salisbury Police investigate report of shots fired; no one injured
- Ellendale man charged in connection with two burglaries in Del.
- Va. Senate approves raising felony theft threshold