OCEAN CITY, Md. - Police say that they have filed charges against the suspect involved in last week's hit and run crash involving a bicyclist in Ocean City, and they say that the suspect was taken into custody on Thursday.
The crash happened on Wednesday, August 30 at 3:00 AM in the area of Second Street and Philadelphia Avenue. The bicyclist, 21-year-old Veronika Badurova of Slovakia, passed away at Peninsula Regional Medical Center on Friday, September 1, due to injuries she received in the crash.
The suspect has been identified as 38-year-old Brooks Bratten of Snow Hill. Officers have charged him with two counts of failure to remain at the scene of a fatal traffic collision, two counts of failure to remain at the scene of a traffic collision causing bodily injury, failing to render aid following a traffic collision and negligent driving. A warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Badurova was riding her bicycle southbound on Philadelphia Avenue when she was allegedly struck by an SUV traveling southbound driven by Bratten.
Bratten failed to stop after the personal injury collision. The victim was transported by Ocean City EMS to Peninsula Regional Medical Center where she died from her injuries two days later.
- Operation Warm provides coats to hundreds of Delaware students
- Wicomico Co. drug bust leads to arrest of Parkside teacher
- UPDATE: Parkside teacher being held without bond in Salisbury; previous bond revoked
- Del. man charged with third DUI offense after Dover crash
- Wanted Easton man surrenders to police; man facing weapons and drug charges
- Deputies: Student tased after resisting arrest at Parkside High in Salisbury