SALISBURY, Md. - A Salisbury neighborhood is shaken up after a man was gunned down in the middle of the street late Monday night.
Salisbury Police say the shooting happened on the 800 block of Gettysburg Avenue.
Captain Rich Kaiser said the victim was taken by paramedics from the scene and was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
As of midnight Monday authorities did not have a suspect or a motive for the crime. However 47 ABC was able to speak with one witness who tells 47 ABC they heard the gunshots from their house saying, "After 3 shots, I opened my blinds up and I saw the man standing over top with his gun pointed downwards at an individual. Then I saw him cut across the street, run across my yard and that's when I lost sight of him."
Authorities said Maryland State Police are now taking over the investigation and that Salisbury Police Department will provide assistance.
47 ABC will continue to monitor the situation and update this story as details emerge.
- Gov. Larry Hogan announces new text to 9-1-1 system
- Perdue Farms invests millions in Milford, DE Plant for More Humane Chicken Slaughter
- Officials hold meeting on regulations for guns in Delaware state parks
- Beebe Healthcare expands a south campus to Millville
- Delaware hospitals offer cancer care coordinators
- Pathways To Success discuss plans for media partnership