HULOCK, Md. - A man may be facing charges, after police say he fell asleep at the wheel and hit a utility pole, in Dorchester County.
The Hurlock Police Department says on Thursday, at 6:20 AM, Christian Wesley Lewis of Crapo, MD, was driving a 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe on southbound Route 392. Police say Lewis went off the road, near the intersection of Route 392 and Popular Street, striking a utility pole and snapping the pole in half.
According to the report, Lewis told the officer that he had fallen asleep. He was apparently taken to a hospital for treatment.
Authorities say the road was closed for an extensive amount of time for utility crews to make repairs. Hurlock PD says the vehicle was towed for the scene and charges are pending.
- Updated Day One of Hammond Taylor trial
- Officials: Students and staff safe after threat reported to Pocomoke High's main office
- Fire officials: No injuries reported in Millsboro explosion
- After Florida shooting, Millsboro PD says they're prepped for an active shooting situation
- College of William & Mary picks first woman as president in 325 years
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged