PARKVILLE, Md. - (AP) - Police in Maryland say a man has shot his pregnant wife. She died the next day but doctors were able to save her unborn child. The baby remains in critical but stable condition.
The Baltimore Sun reported that the incident occurred Tuesday night in Parkville, which is outside Baltimore. Police said Eric Maurice Glass shot Jasmine Alisha Kennedy. Glass then shot himself but was not severely injured.
Police said Glass then punched Kennedy's son. The boy and his two younger siblings, ages 11 and 6, then fled to a neighbor's house. Police said Glass assaulted the neighbors before being arrested.
Glass was charged with attempted murder, assault and related counts and placed in jail without bail. His wife died the next day.
Police did not indicate a possible motive.
- Gravel Hill Road will be closed during Memorial Day weekend for repairs
- Brandywine Valley SPCA gets $200k grant towards new facility
- Judge set to decide Brandi Upshur's fate in murder trial
- Hudson Fields gets exemption from special events regulations
- Del. lawmakers propose bonuses on top of pay raises
- Federal transportation board recommends seatbelts on all new school buses
The Delaware State Police have arrested four suspects in connection with multiple crimes including thefts from vehicles.The suspects, 28-year-old Brian Davis, of Rehoboth Beach, 24-year-old Brittani N. Pate, of Dover, 27-year-old Richard Descano, of Hockessin and 24-year-old Zachary Huss, of Lewes, were connected to multiple crimes including thefts from motor vehicles in the Rehoboth Beach and Angola areas. The investigation began two months ago after there were reports of several vehicle...Read More »