WICOMICO COUNTY, Md. - Police say that one person was injured after a tractor trailer ran into a pole on Route 50, near Hebron, on Thursday morning.
According to Maryland State Police, troopers responded to a crash on Route 50 westbound, near Memory Gardens Lane, at 11:36 AM, after a tractor trailer hit a pole.
The driver of the tractor trailer was taken to Peninsula Regional Medical Center for non-life-threatening injuries. Police say that an electrical company is on the way to the scene.
The cause of the crash is under investigation and it is unclear how the tractor trailer hit the pole. It is also unclear if the trailer was carrying anything or whether the trailer was open or closed. Police say that traffic is moving through but it is very congested.
According to Delmarva Power's website, 47 customers were affected near the area and there are two outage orders. Estimated restoration time was 3:00 PM.
- One year after fire, Wicomico Yacht Club is halfway through rebuilding
- Delmarva families follow a Christmas star to Bethlehem
- Local coffee shop looking to revive Crisfield's downtown area
- Developmental center seeking mentors for program
- UPDATE: Smyrna prison riot lawsuit ends with over $7 Mil. settlement in Del.
- Woman pleads guilty to accessory to rape charges in Accomack Co.