BISHOPVILLE, Md. - The Worcester County Sheriff's Office says an Ocean City man and a Berlin man were arrested Friday afternoon after reportedly snorting heroin in a cemetery on a lunch break.
Shortly after 12:40 PM Friday, deputies conducted a traffic stop near the Bishopville Cemetery. According to police, the driver, 38-year-old Christopher Fitzpatrick of Ocean City, admitted to deputies that there were drugs and drug paraphernalia in the car.
Fitzpatrick reportedly also told deputies that he and passenger Gordon Walters, 45, of Berlin, had been snorting heroin in the cemetery while they were on their lunch break.
Officials say deputies found 12 bags of suspected heroin and a hypodermic syringe during a search of the men and the vehicle. Both Fitzpatrick and Walters were arrested and charged with possession of heroin, police said.
Fitzpatrick and Walters have been committed to the Worcester County Jail pending trial.
- Concerns over Beau Biden Gun Violence Prevention Act
- Ocean View PD continues on-going community outreach through deaf training
- Sussex Co. Council votes to continue hearing public comment for Special Events Ordinance
- WWII veteran's remains identified, to be buried in Del.
- Salisbury traffic stop leads to drug charges for two women
- UPDATE: Gold Alert canceled for missing Dover woman