BISHOPVILLE, Md. - The Worcester County Sheriff's Office says an Ocean City man and a Berlin man were arrested Friday afternoon after reportedly snorting heroin in a cemetery on a lunch break.
Shortly after 12:40 PM Friday, deputies conducted a traffic stop near the Bishopville Cemetery. According to police, the driver, 38-year-old Christopher Fitzpatrick of Ocean City, admitted to deputies that there were drugs and drug paraphernalia in the car.
Fitzpatrick reportedly also told deputies that he and passenger Gordon Walters, 45, of Berlin, had been snorting heroin in the cemetery while they were on their lunch break.
Officials say deputies found 12 bags of suspected heroin and a hypodermic syringe during a search of the men and the vehicle. Both Fitzpatrick and Walters were arrested and charged with possession of heroin, police said.
Fitzpatrick and Walters have been committed to the Worcester County Jail pending trial.
- Officials seek new borrow areas for Ocean City beach replenishment project
- Southwest Airlines offers apology, $5K, to passengers on damaged jet
- UPDATE: Two arrested in connection with 2017 murder investigation
- UPDATE: Wicomico Co. man sentenced for 2017 rape of relative
- Foodie Friday: Blacksmith Bar & Restaurant
- Md. gubernatorial candidate speaks at marijuana summit