CAMBRIDGE, Md. - The Dorchester County Sheriff's Office says a Hurlock man was arrested Thursday after leading police on a chase into Caroline County.
Police say the Dorchester County Narcotics Task Force was alerted Thursday that a man known to task force members, 29-year-old Kevin Andre Sampson, was transporting a large amount of drugs from Delaware into Dorchester County. Officials say that police saw Sampson driving on River Road and initiated a chase when Sampson failed to pull over.
Sampson reportedly led police on a chase through northern Dorchester County and into Caroline County near Federalsburg. At one point, police say they saw Sampson throw a large shopping bag out of his vehicle. Near Federalsburg, Sampson reportedly pulled off of the road and was promptly arrested.
The bag was recovered by police and contained nearly 198 grams of marijuana, officials said. Sampson is charged with possession of marijuana, possession with intent to distribute marijuana and multiple traffic charges. He has been ordered to be held without bond.
Federalsburg Police, Maryland State Police, Cambridge Police and Hurlock Police all assisted with the case, officials said.
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond
- UPDATE: Trial begins for one of six allegedly involved in 2017 murder of Salisbury man
- DSP: Body found in Dover; death investigation ongoing