CAMBRIDGE, Md. - The Dorchester County Sheriff's Office says a Hurlock man was arrested Thursday after leading police on a chase into Caroline County.
Police say the Dorchester County Narcotics Task Force was alerted Thursday that a man known to task force members, 29-year-old Kevin Andre Sampson, was transporting a large amount of drugs from Delaware into Dorchester County. Officials say that police saw Sampson driving on River Road and initiated a chase when Sampson failed to pull over.
Sampson reportedly led police on a chase through northern Dorchester County and into Caroline County near Federalsburg. At one point, police say they saw Sampson throw a large shopping bag out of his vehicle. Near Federalsburg, Sampson reportedly pulled off of the road and was promptly arrested.
The bag was recovered by police and contained nearly 198 grams of marijuana, officials said. Sampson is charged with possession of marijuana, possession with intent to distribute marijuana and multiple traffic charges. He has been ordered to be held without bond.
Federalsburg Police, Maryland State Police, Cambridge Police and Hurlock Police all assisted with the case, officials said.
- Worc. Co. resident looking to start first sober living home in the county
- Maryland Senate OKs bill to revive bail system
- Maryland Senate panel OKs ban on fracking
- Trump lawyers ask court to move quickly on travel ban appeal
- Salisbury chiropractor facing tax fraud charges
- Police pursuit ends in crash at Dover car dealership; two arrested on drug charges
Photos from around Delmarva during and after the January 7th snow.Read More »