POCOMOKE, Md. - Police say that they are mourning the loss of beloved K-9 Jet on Monday in Pocomoke City.
The Pocomoke Police Department announced the passing of K-9 officer Jet after officers say that K-9 Jet was struck and killed by a motor vehicle in a fatal car crash.
Police say that K-9 Jet started her assignment in the K-9 unit at the Pocomoke Police Department three years ago. After training with the Pocomoke Police Department in 2014, Jet started serving the citizens of Pocomoke and surrounding areas as she was regularly asked to help other agencies with a variety of investigations.
Jet was also well known to the area and she enjoyed showing off her talents during numerous demonstrations. The Department says that Jet was proud of making Pocomoke a safer place. The Department says that they thank K-9 Jet for her exemplary service.
Jet was a five and a half year old lab.
- Dover sewage failure investigation continues
- Inmate claims "torture" after JTVCC uprising; DOC and COAD deny claims
- Day One of Hammond Taylor trial
- Officials: Students and staff safe after threat reported to Pocomoke High's main office
- Fire officials: No injuries reported in Millsboro explosion
- After Florida shooting, Millsboro PD says they're prepped for an active shooting situation