POCOMOKE CITY, Md. - Pocomoke High School has a 7-year-old golden retriever who is a therapy dog named Rudy.
Rudy is an extension of the counseling department, as he provides comfort to students.
"Pets Best Pet Health Insurance" is hosting a national therapy dog contest and Rudy is one of the four finalists.
He is the only finalist from Maryland and the only high school therapy dog.
If they win, Pocomoke High will win $1,000 and also receive $500 for a nonprofit animal organization.
The school counselor, Jessi Bova, who is Rudy's partner in the counseling department, says they are encouraging everyone to vote by midnight on March 30, 2017.
Bova tells 47 ABC that they are hoping to spread awareness about the importance of therapy dogs and that is the main focus of the contest.
To find that link to vote for Rudy, click here.
- Police seize over three thousand bags of heroin along with marijuana during traffic stop
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria