POCOMOKE CITY, Md. - Wednesday afternoon, one Worcester County principal was greeted with a huge surprise.
Pocomoke Elementary Principal Michael Browne was caught off guard when he walked into a sea of blue and gold pom-poms.
Browne was even more shocked to learn that he had been named National Distinguished Principal by the Maryland Association of Elementary Principals.
"I was totally surprised, I had no idea this was taking place. When it is all said and done I would not take all the credit for this, I have a wonderful staff, I have great children that work hard each every day," says Browne.
Part of this recognition also includes a $5,000 check awarded to Pocomoke Elementary.
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria
- Del. man guilty on gun charge relating to 2017 video