SNOW HILL, Md. - A Pocomoke City woman charged in connection to the May 2015 death of her 3-year-old nephew pleaded guilty on Tuesday.
Amanda Sewell, 27, pled guilty to neglect of a minor. She was sentenced to four years in prison, though she will be eligible for parole after serving one year in prison.
Sewell was also facing a charge of first degree child abuse resulting in death, but that charge was nulled.
Her husband Kevin Sewell was already convicted and sentenced for his role in the case.
Both her and her husband's charges stem from an incident in May 2015 where the two were supposed to be taking care of the child.
When Amanda Sewell brought the 3-year-old back to child's mother at her home in Keller, Va., the mother recalled the boy had his head on his lap. The child was found to have sustained abusive head trauma. He was placed on life support and later died at the Children's Hospital of the King's Daughter in Norfolk, Va.
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond