SALISBURY, Md. - Officials say that Piedmont Airlines will add more jets to its fleet at the Salisbury regional airport.
Piedmont started adding jets to its fleet in February 2016. The jets will go into the Salisbury market at the end of August beginning with one Salisbury to Philadelphia flight a day and growing from there.
Officials say that Piedmont currently has 23 Embraer regional jets in the fleet. They expect to have 31 by the end of 2017.
Piedmont will reportedly retire all of the deHavilland "Dash eight' turboprop aircraft by the end of next year.
- Md. catholic school principal arrested on multiple DUI charges
- Smoke detectors being recalled as they may not detect smoke
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.
- UPDATE: Gold Alert canceled for Harrington man
- Two charged in connection to Accomack County rape investigation
- Md. House OKs budget after school safety debate