SALISBURY, Md. - Perdue Farms announced Wednesday the appointment of Randy Day to serve as the company's chief executive officer, effective immediately.
Chairman of Perdue Farms and former CEO Jim Perdue says Day has the trust of the company's leadership in his new role.
"Randy has more than 36 years of experience in our company, with deep knowledge of Perdue Foods and Perdue AgriBusiness," Jim Perdue said. "He has proven himself to be a business leader who understands the importance of disciplined execution of our strategies and attention to competitive position and financial stewardship."
Day served as Perdue Farms' chief operating officer since May of 2016 and before that was the president of Perdue Farms since February of 2015. Company officials say he has been with Perdue Farms since 1980.
Day is an Eastern Shore native, having graduated from Easton High School before he earned a bachelor's in biology from Western Maryland College and a master's degree in poultry nutrition from the University of Maryland, College Park.
Perdue officials say Day is the fourth CEO in the company's almost 100-year history. Jim Perdue, who served as CEO since 1991, will continue to serve as a chairman and company spokesperson.
- Ocean City recruiting summer police officers
- OC continues ongoing beach renourishment project that reduces coastal storm risks
- Made On Delmarva: Amused Studios
- County considers changes to scholarship fund
- AAA predicts record volume of drivers for Thanksgiving
- Medical marijuana dispensary coming to Smyrna in 2018