SALISBURY, Md. - A stalwart of the community was honored Friday with the 2018 Perdue Leadership Award.
Jim Purdue, chairman of Perdue Farms, was recognized for his work in local poultry and education.
Jim, who earned a degree from the Perdue School in 1990 and continued work by his father Frank with the family company, has supported initiatives such as the Perdue scholars program.
Mr. Perdue was also recognized for donating his time to a program that provides funding for regional entrepreneurs and to charities including the United Way of the Eastern Shore.
"It means a lot because the earlier recipients are all great leaders in the community," says Perdue. "More so than I am. And doing it in front of the local business people that I know it makes it even more special I think."
Perdue's name will join the names of all the other winners and will be engraved on a plaque in the Perdue School.
- Infrastructure new push for downtown revitalization
- Delaware sees drops in prescribed opioids
- Park officials hope to add more diverse trails
- PRMC aims to increase Health Literacy on the Shore
- Kent Island Community Outspoken about controversial KIHS video
- A Westover local needs help going overseas for a 11-month mission trip