SALISBURY, Md. - Salisbury will soon have a medicinal marijuana dispensary in it's city.
Peninsula Alternative Health is set to open in the following weeks and were guests at the Salisbury Area's Chamber of Commerce luncheon.
They were there to explain what they plan to do and how the state's laws are implemented.
Owners from the dispensary spoke about the history of cannabis and the drugs medical uses.
They also explained how they plan to run their dispensary located on Snow Hill Rd.
Their main goal is to attract patients who need help once they open up shop.
CEO Anthony Darby tells 47 ABC, "Our value here is actually helping patients that are looking for medicine right now that's not available to them. Giving them a safe and secure place that they can go get medicine not be judged and really improve their quality of life that they aren't able to do today."
Darby has been a chamber member for 10 years. He says they plan to hire 6 to 8 full time employees.
They tell 47 ABC that the are scheduled to open anywhere in the next 3 to 6 weeks.
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.
- Deputies: Over 400 grams of marijuana found during search in Wicomico Co.; one arrested
- UPDATE: Laurel man guilty in 2017 shooting in Sussex Co.