EASTON, Md. - The Easton Police Department says officers responded to an accident on Tuesday involving a car and a pedestrian.
Officers responded to Ocean Gateway and Dutchman's Lane where they found a 2009 Nissan Altima stopped in the westbound lanes of U.S. Route 50 and an unidentified white male lying on the roadway.
The victim was transported by helicopter to Shock Trauma in Baltimore for treatment, officials said.
Police say that their initial investigation suggests that the 33-year-old woman driving the Nissan was slowing down for a red light when the victim allegedly stepped out into the roadway in front of her. The driver and a 4-year-old child in the car with her were not injured, officials said.
Traffic was temporarily blocked while police investigated the incident. Anyone who may have seen the incident is encouraged to call Pfc. Merrick of the Easton Police Department at 410-822-1111.
- Pot hole season hits the Eastern Shore
- PRMC and ambulance company in hot water over Medicare fraud allegations
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.