WEST OCEAN CITY, Md. - Friday night in West Ocean City was a big night for the Worcester County Humane Society.
The 37th annual Paws and Whiskers fundraiser dinner was held, and we're told this is one of the two biggest fundraising events for the organization.
The non-profit, no-kill shelter depends on donations and fundraising events like these to pay for care of their animals. Those costs can can average $1,900 an animal, including food, vet bills and care.
"Very important. We survive off of this. We have very few funds that are given to us by to Town of Ocean City, and that's it, beyond that it's all raising money from events like this, or donors or sponsors in the community," said volunteer Heather Bahrami.
If you would like to contribute, you can donate at worcestercountyhumanesociety.org.
- Deputies: Body found outside Accomack Co. home; investigation ongoing
- House Democrat joins ranks of those not seeking re-election in Del.
- Garland Hayward: Teaching the Children
- Judge says Va. must keep death row reforms in place
- UPDATE: DNREC: PFC levels lowered in Blades; water flushing process advised
- Gang members among seven arrested in connection to drug investigation in Dover