WICOMICO COUNTY, Md. - One of the suspects from the puppy mill case in Eden appeared in Wicomico County Court early this morning for a competency hearing.
A hearing that was postponed.
Susan Murphy's lawyer asked to remove the motions for a later date.
That competency hearing is now set for September 15th and is actually set up to see if Murphy is not criminally responsible.
Some background on this puppy mill case.
Back in April 2016, 300 dogs were removed from a Cooper Road property in Eden for mistreatment of multiple dogs.
Both Robert and Susan Murphy are each charged with 96 counts of animal cruelty.
Robert Murphy's case is currently on hold, he was found incompetent to stand trial earlier this year after a stroke.
His trial is set to start October 23rd.
- City of Salisbury seeks new Habitat for Humanity project
- Dover officials seek public input for 2019 Comprehensive Plan
- Low-income seniors can receive vouchers to spend at Delaware farmers' markets
- DelDot and City of Dover mark completion of West Street Trail
- Boating safety impact on the Latino community
- Police: 73-year-old woman missing in Dorchester County