WORCESTER COUNTY, Md. - A woman died, after police say she and another person were injured in a crash that happened in Worcester County.
The Berlin Police Department says on Sunday, just before 10:20 PM, officers responded to a crash that happened on Route 113 south, in Worcester County.
According to the report, 73-year-old June Gravenor, of Newark, was driving a Kia Soul on Route 113 southbound. At that time, 19-year-old Cody Bunting, of Berlin, was reportedly driving a Jeep eastbound on Route 376. Authorities say Gravenor then struck the Jeep.
Law enforcement reports that the 73-year-old woman was taken to Atlantic General Hospital and later died at Shock Trauma. Bunting was apparently taken to Peninsula Regional Medical Center for treatment after sustaining serious injuries.
Police say both drivers were wearing seat belts and alcohol is a factor on Bunting's part.
This crash remains under investigation by Berlin PD.
Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to call the Berlin Police Department at 410-641-1333.
- Officials attempting to accelerate Convention Center renovation funding
- Greenwood Volunteer Fire Company Deputy Chief passes away
- Officials release update on Blades residents' drinking water
- Deputies: Woman shot in stomach outside American Legion in Pocomoke; investgation ongoing
- Community members listen in on panel discussing race in Sussex County
- Blades water wells closer to being drinkable