SALISBURY, Md. - A woman was arrested, after deputies say they found drugs and over $6,000 in cash during a drug investigation, in Wicomico County.
The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office says on Wednesday, their Emergency Response Team executed a search and seizure warrant at a home in the 300 block of Cherry Way, in Salisbury. Authorities say the Community Action Team were investigating the illegal sales of narcotics with the Salisbury Police Department's Safe Street's Team at the home.
According to the report, during the search of the home, investigators seized 86 individually wrapped baggies of crack cocaine with a combined weight of 20.4 grams and a street value of approximately $2,000, a loaded 9mm handgun, digital scales, $6,307 in cash, and other evidentiary items.
Law enforcement reports that 34-year-old Janier White, of Salisbury, was arrested and charged with possession of CDS with the intent to distribute: narcotic (cocaine), possession of CDS-not marijuana, and possession of a firearm during a drug trafficking crime.
White was later turned over to the Wicomico County Detention Center.
- Pot hole season hits the Eastern Shore
- PRMC and ambulance company in hot water over Medicare fraud allegations
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.