OCEAN CITY, Md. - Officials report that traffic is back to normal after a drawbridge malfunction in Ocean City.
The Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration says on Wednesday, the U.S. Route 50 drawbridge became stuck in the open position after crews were working on it overnight. Officials say the repairs required the draw span to be placed in the upright position and closed off to traffic.
According to officials, after crews finished the repairs around 6:00 AM, they noticed the bridge was stuck. It is not clear what time the malfunction happened.
Around 7:30 AM, transportation officials report that crews were able to safely get the draw back down.
- Farmers unveil underwear results from 'Soil Your Undies Challenge'
- Troopers: Md. woman wanted in connection with Del. burglary investigation; one arrested
- UPDATE: Bond kept at $100K in 'stand your ground' case
- Health officials: Eight people dead after suspected overdoses in Del.
- The Brightside: The Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore
- Officials: Over 300 lb. shark caught in the Chesapeake Bay