WESTOVER, Md. - A family lost their pet, after officials say a fire caused $100,000 in damages to a home, in Somerset County.
The Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal says on Tuesday, just before 2:00 PM, the Fairmount Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire at a home, in the 8100 block of Halls Creek Road, in Westover. According to the report, 25 firefighters put out the flames in 55 minutes. Officials say the fire began outside in the back of the home. The incident is apparently accidental and its preliminary cause is due to a heat pump system.
Authorities say a family pet died as a result of the fire. Fire officials say the blaze caused $100,000 in estimated total damages.
- Gov. Hogan provides highlights of his budget proposal
- General Assembly sends bail reform bill to Delaware governor
- WMDT hosts free VIP screening of 12 Strong
- Delmarva Power warns customers of new scam
- Coach creates youth wrestling league to make Delaware more competitive
- December's 'Teacher Who Makes A Difference' Award