SNOW HILL, Md. - Officials say that one person is dead following a single car crash that happened in Snow Hill on Saturday morning.
According to the Worcester County Sheriff's Office, around 9:30 AM, a person was driving a car on Scotty Road when he/she failed to negotiate a right curve. The car then left the roadway and struck a tree before it blew up in flames.
Officials say that the person was pronounced dead at the scene.
Scotty Road at Pocomoke Forest Road should only be closed for the next half hour.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Local farmers feeling the impacts of the latest coastal storm
- Delmarva weather conditions as fourth Nor'easter hits the East Coast
- Officials: Level 1 Driving Warning in effect in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Del. authorities, feds identify bandage disguised robber
- Wanted Seaford man arrested on drug and gun charges
- A look at current weather conditions in Ocean City and Cambridge