SALISBURY, Md. - Tired of grocery shopping? Soon your groceries could meet you in the parking lot as a Salisbury store is preparing to launch a new service later this year.
On Thursday, a media representative on behalf of Walmart, Inc. tells 47ABC that the Salisbury location, in the area of W North Pointe Drive and North Salisbury Boulevard, will be offering online grocery pickup this spring. Officials say customers would be able to order groceries online and pick them up without leaving their vehicle.
According to officials, the free service features 40,000 items with more than 90 percent of customers choosing to add fresh meat, dairy or produce to their baskets. Prices would remain the same as prices listed in the store.
An exact launch date for the service has not yet been announced.
- A mother's Facebook plea helps put a sex offender back behind bars
- Wicomico County Department of Corrections awarded grant
- 19th Annual Boardwalkin' for Pets to take place Saturday
- Ocean City Wind Turbine Petition Gets Support from Mayor, City Council
- Officials seek new borrow areas for Ocean City beach replenishment project
- Southwest Airlines offers apology, $5K, to passengers on damaged jet