PARSONSBURG, Md. - The cause of a garage fire remains under investigation as officials are currently on the scene, in Wicomico County.
The Parsonsburg Volunteer Fire Department says on Friday morning, they responded to the area of Morris Leonard Road and Holt Road for a fire at 8:23 AM, in Parsonsburg. Parsonsburg VFD was apparently assisted by the Salisbury Fire Dept, Willards Fire Dept and Pittsville Fire Department .
Once on scene firefighters noticed smoke coming from a detached garage next to a home. Officials were able to get the fire under control in 30 minutes.
No injuries were reported, but officials say that there was damage to the garage.
Officials say that the accidental blaze was caused by combustibles being too close to a fire place insert.
The estimated loss of the garage is $15,000, while the estimated loss of contents is $10,000. The fire began on the inside of the garage and a passerby noticed it.
- Police seize over three thousand bags of heroin along with marijuana during traffic stop
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria