OCEAN PINES, Md. - On Tuesday, Ocean Pines officials announced the date for the seventh annual Ocean Pines Community Health Fair which is open to the public.
The Ocean Pines Association's Communications Advisory Committee says that they are teaming up with Atlantic General Hospital and Peninsula regional Medical Center for a free health fair, in Ocean Pines.
The Ocean Pines Community Health Fair will be the seventh annual health fair which is open to the public. The event is scheduled for Saturday, October 7 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM at the Ocean Pines Community Center located at 235 Ocean Parkway.
In reference to the annual health fair, Ocean Pines Marketing and Public Relations Directer, Denise Sawyer, Says, "Healthcare can sometimes be overwhelming and confusing. The Ocean Pines Community Health Fair will provide opportunities for residents and guests to learn how to live the healthiest lives possible. Medical practitioners will engage health fair-goers in conversation about common health concerns and distribute helpful information."
At the health fair, officials say that health screenings will be provided by AGH and PRMC including blood pressure checks, hearing and bone density screenings, and stroke risk assessments. Participants over the age of 13 can even receive flu shots during the event. Sawyer says that the Worcester County Health Department and some of their community partners will also be present to discuss addiction in the local community.
For more information about the Ocean Pines Community Health Fair, call 410-641-7717 ext. 3006
- Pot hole season hits the Eastern Shore
- PRMC and ambulance company in hot water over Medicare fraud allegations
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.